Dedicated to San Donato and San Pietro Maggiore, the Cathedral of Arezzo is an imposing Gothic building that stands on the top of a hill and dominates the whole city from above. Its construction was commissioned by the bishop Guglielmo degli Ubertini and started towards
The Basilica of San Francesco overlooks the homonymous square, where the director of Via Cavour widens to form an evocative access point to the oldest part of the city. The building dates back to the second mid-thirteenth century , but its current appearance derives from
Piazza San Francesco is considered the fulcrum of modern Arezzo . It is rectangular in shape and opens at the intersection of Via Guido Monaco and the ancient route of Vallelunga (today's Via Cavour), marking an obligatory access point - also due to the presence
Irregular in shape, with slightly sloping ground, wide and sunny; unlike that of S. Domenico that is quiet and peaceful, Piazza Sant'Agostino is always animated, noisy; always upside down for the goods displayed in the fairs and in the markets, cluttered for the peddlers' desks;
The Church of Sant'Agostino overlooks the homonymous square of Arezzo. The first building of this building dates back to mid-thirteenth . But already after a hundred years the church was the object of a complete reconstruction that lasted until the last years of the fifteenth century.
Although not a very large center, Arezzo can be an excellent place to make satisfactory purchases . All its historic center has squares and streets full of artisan shops that sell typical products and souvenirs, but also many wine shops and typical grocery stores where
In the heart of the medieval center of Arezzo, continuing along Via Cavour you reach the characteristic Piazza della Badia , which overlooks the marvelous Church of Santa Flora and Lucilla. La piazza nasce come orto adiacente l'ex convento ma a metà dell’Ottocento si decise di trasformare
The construction of the church has had several phases, starting from the Gothic one to a single nave of 1278. In 1315 the monastery was also rebuilt. The " Croce " painted by Segna di Bonaventura can be dated to 1319. In 1489 the cloister
The church of Santa Maria della Pieve is located in the historic center of Arezzo, between corso Italia, on which the façade faces, and piazza Grande, on which the apse faces. La facciata, ricostruita nel XIII secolo, da tre logge sorrette da colonnine; le due logge
The church of San Domenico is one of the most famous sacred buildings of Arezzo due to its presence, inside the Wooden Crucifix painted by Cimabue , considered one of the masterpieces of 13th century painting , datable to the late sixties.