Dedicated to San Donato and San Pietro Maggiore, the Cathedral of Arezzo is an imposing Gothic building that stands on the top of a hill and dominates the whole city from above. Its construction was commissioned by the bishop Guglielmo degli Ubertini and started towards
The Basilica of San Francesco overlooks the homonymous square, where the director of Via Cavour widens to form an evocative access point to the oldest part of the city. The building dates back to the second mid-thirteenth century , but its current appearance derives from
The Church of Sant'Agostino overlooks the homonymous square of Arezzo. The first building of this building dates back to mid-thirteenth . But already after a hundred years the church was the object of a complete reconstruction that lasted until the last years of the fifteenth century.
The construction of the church has had several phases, starting from the Gothic one to a single nave of 1278. In 1315 the monastery was also rebuilt. The " Croce " painted by Segna di Bonaventura can be dated to 1319. In 1489 the cloister
The church of Santa Maria della Pieve is located in the historic center of Arezzo, between corso Italia, on which the façade faces, and piazza Grande, on which the apse faces. La facciata, ricostruita nel XIII secolo, da tre logge sorrette da colonnine; le due logge
The church of San Domenico is one of the most famous sacred buildings of Arezzo due to its presence, inside the Wooden Crucifix painted by Cimabue , considered one of the masterpieces of 13th century painting , datable to the late sixties.
Located on the top of the Colle di San Donato , the Medicea Fortress - although often remodeled - is a significant example of the defensive military architecture of the sixteenth century. Under the direction of Antonio da Sangallo the Younger and Nanni Ungheri, the
In the place where today stands the church there was a pagan sanctuary with a source that in the Etruscan-Roman period was consecrated to Apollo, while in the early Middle Ages it was called Fonte Tecta. La costruzione della chiesa ebbe luogo tra il 1435 e
The amphitheater is located in the southern part of the " walled city " and is considered the most important Roman monument of Arezzo. It clearly bears witness to the importance that "Arretium" had in Roman times. It was built in the first half of